Teltonika South Africa is a representative branch of Teltonika IoT Group, which is creating and manufacturing Internet of things (IoT) for over 23 years. From connected vehicles to networking, we seek our solutions to be used globally and become an indispensable part of any business. By setting new trends we inspire our partners to change the world and use the most advanced technologies in the market.
Now we are constantly growing and looking for an organized Accountant to join our team in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The main areas of responsibility
- Responsible to close Monthly Business Activities and Profit & Loss reporting;
- Liaising with external auditors on audit matters and acting on management letters;
- Preparation of monthly financial management reports;
- Ensuring adherence to financial controls;
- Ensuring financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems;
- Ensuring regular invoicing, receive and receipt payment;
- Prepare reconciliations of accounts (Debtors/Creditors and Cash Books) in the ledger;
- Administering VAT and processing returns;
- Assets & liabilities management;
- Follow up on all overdue accounts;
- Monitoring the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE, VAT, UIF, SDL, CIPC,etc);
- Undertaking any ad hoc duties associated with the accounts function, including maintaining financial files and records;
- Prepare Petty Cash, Company Credit Card and other related reconciliations;
- Carrying out other related tasks as might be required from time to time.
The experience, skills and personal qualities you will need
- Degree or Diploma in Finance or Accounting;
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in Finance;
- Experience in the ICT / Technology Industry will be advantageous;
- SAICA/SAIPA articles completion is an added advantage;
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- IFRS Knowledge, Knowledge and Understanding of Accounting Standards, Tax Legislation, etc.;
- Business Acumen & financial skills;
- The ability to work independently;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
What we offer
- Attractive compensation package with real potential to develop career opportunities;
- Internal training and knowledge sharing for constant professional growth;
- Opportunities for self-expression and individual tasks that do not allow you to get bored at work;
- Multicultural and diverse environment which highly values knowledge and ideas exchange, supportive and positive attitude in the team.