Teltonika IoT Solutions Canada Ltd. is a representative branch of Teltonika IoT Group, which is creating and manufacturing Internet of things (IoT) for over 20 years. From connected vehicles to networking, we seek our solutions to be used globally and become an indispensable part of any business. By setting new trends we inspire our partners to change the world and use the most advanced technologies in the market.
Now we are constantly growing and looking for an organized Technical Support Engineer to join our team in Downtown Toronto.
The main areas of responsibility
- Consulting employees and customers on devices/solutions related technical issues;
- Solving technical issues and look for a way to reduce them;
- Preparing technical documentation and technical tasks;
- Prepare and provide training for employees and clients about our company’s products and solutions.
The experience, skills and personal qualities you will need
We hope you are responsible, demonstrate logical thinking, interested in technology and working in a team is a pleasure. Previous experience in working with industrial routers (2-3 years) is a deal-breaker for this role.
You will succeed if you have:
- Technical / engineering education;
- Good English (B2), other foreign language skills will be considered as an advantage;
- Working knowledge of software and operating system principles;
- Knowledge of computer network architecture and technologies;
- Knowledge of basic internet technologies (WWW, FTP and etc.);
- Knowledge of server operating principles and technologies, programming languages;
- Basics of telecommunication systems and technologies;
- Ability to prepare technical documentation;
- Good knowledge of WiFi technologies: 802.11 g/b/n/ac;
- Ability and experience configuring VLANs, QoS;
- Alibity and experience configuring various VPN solutions: IPSec, L2TP, OpenVPN, DMVPN, SSTP; good knowledge of their working principles, differences;
- Ability and experience configuring various industrial IoT protocols: Modbus, MQTT, TR-069, JSON-RPC;
- At least 12-month experience working with cellular routers. Knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G networks, ability to explain network authentication methods, data session establishment;
- Experience working with embedded, Linux-based OpenWRT operating system;
- Good problem solving (troubleshooting) skills;
- Knowledge and ability to use „AT“ commands;
- Ability to write simple bash/ash scripts;
- Knowledge of Firewall principles, ability, and experience configuring Firewall with IPTABLES.
What we offer
- Attractive compensation package with real potential to develop career opportunities;
- The opportunity to build significant achievements in your professional carrier, while driving the Company‘s expansion in the N.America region;
- Office in Toronto, ON, Downtown, located few steps away from the Financial District, Entertainment District.
- Regular internal surveys to understand your concerns, achievements and future goals better, and support you on the way;
- Multicultural and diverse environment which highly values knowledge and ideas exchange, supportive and positive attitude in the team;
- Internal training and knowledge sharing for constant professional growth;
- Happy hours and other teambuilding activities to boost and maintain the communication based on mutual trust and respect, at the same time keep the environment inspiring and engaging.
We kindly inform you, that your CV and other personal data will be processed in accordance. We will only contact selected candidates.