Teltonika South Africa is a representative branch of Teltonika IoT Group, which is creating and manufacturing Internet of things (IoT) for over 23 years. From connected vehicles to networking, we seek our solutions to be used globally and become an indispensable part of any business. By setting new trends we inspire our partners to change the world and use the most advanced technologies in the market.
Now we are constantly growing and looking for an organized Technical Support Engineer to join our team in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The main areas of responsibility
- Consulting employees and customers on devices/solutions related technical issues;
- Solving technical issues and look for a way to reduce them;
- Preparing technical documentation and technical tasks;
- Prepare and provide training for employees and clients about our company’s products and solutions.
The experience, skills and personal qualities you will need
We hope you are responsible, demonstrate logical thinking, interested in technology and working in a team is a pleasure. Minimum hands-on experience working with 2G, 3G, 4G for 6months-1 year is a deal-breaker for this role.
You will succeed if you have:
- Technical / engineering education;
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G, 4G networks, ability to explain network authentication methods, data session establishment;
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written) as it will be your primary working language;
- Working knowledge of software and operating system principles;
- Knowledge of computer network architecture and technologies;
- Knowledge of server operating principles and technologies, programming languages;
- Basics of telecommunication systems and technologies;
- Ability to prepare technical documentation;
- Ability and experience configuring VLANs, QoS;
- Ability and experience configuring various industrial IoT protocols: Modbus, MQTT, TR-069, JSON-RPC;
- Experience working with embedded, Linux-based operating system;
- Good knowledge and ability to work with SDK;
- Good problem solving (troubleshooting) skills;
- Knowledge and ability to use „AT“ commands;
- Ability to write simple bash/ash scripts;
- Knowledge of Firewall principles, ability, and experience configuring Firewall with IPTABLES.
What we offer
- Real potential to develop career opportunities in a fast-growing international company;
- The opportunity to build significant achievements in your professional carrier, while driving the Company‘s expansion in the South Africa region;
- Internal trainings and knowledge sharing for constant professional growth;
- Multicultural and diverse environment which highly values knowledge and ideas exchange, supportive and positive attitude in the team;
- Participation in the process of creating unique and innovative IoT products and solutions for the international market;
- Regular internal surveys to understand your concerns, achievements and future goals better, and support you on the way.
We will only contact selected candidates.